Welcome back to day 4 of the SEED Summit! We are excited to share several presentations today focused on education, relationships and the early years.
For more details on each presentation, learning objectives, key take-aways and additional resources click the presentation title below.
- Aligning of the early learning and care and education systems presented by Andrea Maurice, Early Learning Coordinator, School District 57
- Resilience: A Community Effort presented by Dr. Shirley Giroux, RCC, School Counsellor Valemount BC; Sessional Instructor, UNBC School of Education; Sole Proprietor, CompassioNorth Consulting
- Rhythm and Flow: fatherhood and parenting presented by Duane Jackson, Early Childhood Educator & Instructor, Prince Rupert BC
- A Discussion on Indigenous Fatherhood, Education and Using Athletics to Increase Student Connectedness to School presented by Lance Potskin, Indigenous Education Worker, Northern Huskies Sports Program, School District 57 & Lisa Provencher, Indigenous Education, Early Learning, School District 57
- A Discussion on Compassionate Leadership with Dr. Tina Fraser presented by Dr. Tina Fraser, Associate Professor & Chair, School of Education and First Nations Studies, University of Northern British Columbia & Lisa Provencher, Indigenous Education, Early Learning, School District 57
Engage in Today’s Discussion
Visit the SEED Connection Board and begin networking – let everyone know who you are and where you’re from! Say hi to old friends and introduce yourself to new peers across northern BC.