The presentation will overview the development of The City of Prince George Child Care Action Plan including:
- Process: An overview of the child care planning process including the preparation of the child care space inventory and the community and stakeholder engagement.
- Key Findings: The child care space inventory data, along with the engagement activities, provided an analysis of the current state of child care in Prince George. This included an assessment of child care space availability, child care utilization patterns, and current issues and concerns regarding child care in the community.
- Recommendations and Update on Progress: Proposed child care space creation targets as well as a series of recommendations, strategies and actions for how, as a community, we can effectively, efficiently, and creatively work towards meeting these targets. The Child Care Action Plan includes 17 recommendations centralized around themes that emerged from the surveys and engagement activities.
To share a summary of the process utilized to develop the CPG Child Care Action Plan and share key highlights from the plan including: key findings; recommendations and suggestions for the City of Prince George and community partners to create new child care spaces and improve access to affordable, quality child care in the community; and update on the City’s progress to date
- With funding from UBCM, the City of Prince George prepared a Child Care Action Plan.
- The plan includes themes emerging from a comprehensive consultation process, recommendations, and child care space creation targets.
- The plan plays a role as the City advances 2020/2021 work plan priorities, including the identification of its role in poverty reduction at the local level.
- The plan will also serve as a key reference for organizations seeking funding and/or working to improve access to affordable, quality child care in the community.
- City of Prince George Child Care Action Plan Childcare BC
Sarah Brown works as a Supervisor with the Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships Division with the City of Prince George. She has worked with the City of Prince George since 2009. Sarah provided oversight to the preparation of the City’s Child Care Action Plan in 2019/2020. Currently, she is involved in a variety of social health and well-being projects that the Division is engaged with such as the City’s work on poverty reduction, focused on determining the role for local government in the implementation of the Province’s TogetherBC poverty reduction strategy. Key to advancing the City’s social health and well-being goals is community collaboration and
partnership which is why Sarah really enjoys working in this role! The City of Prince George values its partnerships in the community and works in a variety of ways with partner organizations and agencies to help contribute to ensuring residents are housed, physically active, safe, socially connected, proud of their community, and able to access services that foster their well-being. To these partnerships, the City brings various services and infrastructure, related policies, and advocacy.